Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Newark during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at Luikart Heating & Cooling will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks correct, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Luikart Heating & Cooling at 740-200-5591 and we’ll get your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.