With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at top efficiency, it can trim a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could dramatically increase your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Luikart Heating & Cooling expert perform air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system running efficiently for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is working as it should be and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during cooler months. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area by your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may interfere with airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or replaced during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, varying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you keep a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to ensure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Luikart Heating & Cooling a call at 740-200-5591.