As we get deeper in to November and the temperature continues to dip, we’re faced with the approaching decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some folks, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter quickly approaching now is the time to think about replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no reason to be bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was on its last legs.
Take a few minutes and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a ring at 740-200-5591 if you have any further questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are more than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Very little maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you pick, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t think twice about giving Luikart Heating & Cooling in Newark a call at 740-200-5591. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.