During the colder Newark months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it happens, a simple call to Luikart Heating & Cooling will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Luikart Heating & Cooling ASAP if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Luikart Heating & Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and our team can help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Luikart Heating & Cooling at 740-200-5591 or arrange an appointment with us online.