Having standard air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Newark summertime, have the experts at Luikart Heating & Cooling perform your annual air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if needed, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, recover any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Inspect for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise taking a look at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Luikart Heating & Cooling today at 740-200-5591.