Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Newark are not the ideal time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will take a look at the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Luikart Heating & Cooling in Newark will give you a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 740-200-5591 and keep cool this summer.