There’s no getting around the changing weather in Newark, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but maybe not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently month after month. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to run as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Luikart Heating & Cooling pro comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures drop in Newark. Whether you’re calling to arrange annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the team at Luikart Heating & Cooling a call at 740-200-5591 to start saving a little more today.