As springtime rolls around, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Newark? Especially if your air conditioning system is newer or was running well last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Luikart Heating & Cooling expert can help spot little issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is located outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these troubles can lead to higher energy consumption—and a higher utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps pinpoint little problems before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and complete a cycle of cooling performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to locate problems before they turn into large problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Luikart Heating & Cooling
This week is the best time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Luikart Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 740-344-5497 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your home, don’t forget to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.