As warmer weather starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Newark? Even if your air conditioning unit is recently purchased or was running good last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never anticipate to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that uses fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Luikart Heating & Cooling technician can help spot little issues before they turn into large meltdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is installed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy consumption—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, because you won’t have to replace your equipment as soon.
- It helps locate little troubles before they become big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will carefully examine components and complete a set of air conditioning performance checks. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into extensive problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your unit is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should involve an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment state
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the services we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Immediately with Luikart Heating & Cooling
Now is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Luikart Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 740-200-5591 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.