As springtime begins, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Newark? Even if your AC equipment is recently installed or was cooling good last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to schedule any work for it, such as changing the oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your unit inspected seasonally by a Luikart Heating & Cooling specialist can help spot minor troubles before they lead to major meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop operating!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can create increased energy use—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could extend your system’s life span. A clean system is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity bill and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they lead to major, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will keenly examine parts and complete a set of cooling performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find issues before they lead to extensive issues that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your equipment is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is prepped to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your unit is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A premium AC tune-up should have a check and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the following areas and pieces:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Now with Luikart Heating & Cooling
This week is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Luikart Heating & Cooling pros a shout at 740-200-5591 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your home, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.