Summer is upon us! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Newark is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Luikart Heating & Cooling always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace it per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you run it this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it clear and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These simple steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Luikart Heating & Cooling in Newark at 740-200-5591 today.