While your Lennox® furnace isn’t able to speak to you, it does have a way to get your attention when there’s a furnace error.
Its motherboard has double LED lights that can show a fault code. Subject to the problem, your furnace could use steady or flashing lights.
Although there are a few simple furnace repairs you can finish without an expert, many services are best taken care of by experts. When your furnace refuses to turn on or provide heated air, get in touch with Luikart Heating & Cooling at 740-200-5591 for professional furnace repair in Newark.
Our technicians will rapidly determine and fix the failure, even if you don’t have a Lennox furnace. We can repair all kinds or makes—and get the heat returned to your house fast.
What Does the Flashing Light on My Heater Mean?
Your heater uses lights to flash code when it needs to be repaired. It also uses these lights to relay it’s heating correctly.
Regular operation involves:
- Concurrent slow flash—furnace heating correctly.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is beginning to call for heat.
If you see one light blinking slowly and the other flashing fast, your heater may have a low flame signal. This can happen even when your heater is heating properly. It means the flame sensing rod may be dirty or in the incorrect spot on the burner. Reach out to us at 740-200-5591 for support.
Here are a few other of the most common faults for Lennox heaters.
Heater Will Not Start
Here are a few of the light arrangements you might notice when your heater will not or keep heating. Most of these problems need to be fixed by a specialist, such as one from Luikart Heating & Cooling.
- The duo of LED lights aren’t lit. This indicates your heating system might not have power. Go to the breaker box to confirm the furnace fuse is not tripped. You should reset the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it promptly turns off after a subsequent reset, leave the breaker alone and contact us at 740-200-5591.
- A single light is unchanging and the other is blinking slowly. This shows the flame rollout switch is possibly malfunctioning. The switch is an essential safety device that aids in preventing fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t attempt to fix this fault on your own.
- One light is flashing fast and the other is flickering slowly. This typically indicates power polarity has been transposed. Your heater might have a wiring issue that needs professional aid from Luikart Heating & Cooling.
- The pair of lights are blinking slowly. This means your heater’s blower motor possibly isn’t running. This part circulates hot air from the furnace into your house. We can assist in determining what’s wrong with this piece.
- An individual light is flickering slowly and the other is flickering quickly. This means your furnace might have insufficient voltage or a short circuit. Call our professionals at 740-200-5591 for assistance.
- One light is blinking on, on and off while the other flashes on, off, on. This indicates there might be a malfunction with your furnace’s motherboard or wiring. Luikart Heating & Cooling can pinpoint the issue and fix it.
- Both lights show alternate slow blinks. This signifies your heater likely has a flame issue. There might be a problem with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Call us at 740-200-5591 for support.
- A single light flickers slowly while the other remains steady. This typically indicates your heater’s limit switch is not working. The switch stops your heater from becoming too warm. Contact the experts at Luikart Heating & Cooling for support.
Heater Blower Runs But No Heat
Here’s what may be at fault when you observe your heating equipment’s blower fan on, but you aren’t gaining any warmth.
- Both lights are giving alternate quick blinks. This indicates your furnace ignitor could be broken. This component lights gas in your heater to make warm air and should be fixed by a technician from Luikart Heating & Cooling.
Trust Us for Skilled Furnace Repair
When you need to have your heating system in working order fast, depend on the technicians at Luikart Heating & Cooling. Our technicians will handle the error quickly and have your house feeling cozy again soon. Reach out to us at 740-200-5591 or contact us online to schedule an appointment today.